Lock up clutch.

imago

5 minutes ago, Arttu said:

If you use it only for preventing slip they all should work pretty much the same. For drag race use where you want controlled slip on launch a "multistage" version would provide more adjustability.

It will be a road bike (low boost, sub 200hp) so it wouldn't need to be anything too fancy or adjustable.

9 hours ago, Paulm said:

FBM sells lock ups too Larry,not sure if he does aircooled ones though,Agree with Clive,Sam Baker is a good shout. 

Just seeing what the options are because if I've got to buy one I may as well buy a 'bling' version. Especially as they all seem to go for the 'you pay us to advertise our products' approach.

Don't bother with 'bling' as you'll generally never see it again after fitting - just get a known piece, fit and forget. At the power levels you are looking for, I'd fit a 12mm M6 screw and locknut on 3 of the arms and try it - unlikely you'll need all 6 but its possible + start with fresh Suzuki fibres and it should be mint!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Don't bother with 'bling' as you'll generally never see it again after fitting - just get a known piece, fit and forget. At the power levels you are looking for, I'd fit a 12mm M6 screw and locknut on 3 of the arms and try it - unlikely you'll need all 6 but its possible + start with fresh Suzuki fibres and it should be mint!

As advised I've contacted @Gsxrsamfor the necessary.

From what I read at the hp/boost levels I'll be working with on the road it sounds like a little trial and error adjustment then box it up and good to go. As you say, I'll be starting with new plates as it seems foolish to skimp on that given the overall cost of the build. Same with stuff like HD head studs, maybe overkill but definitely won't hurt and it's a peace of mind thing ticked off.

55 minutes ago, Gsxrsam said:

Ok, snowflake is done, hopefully get rack tomorrow........

Do you want to ask in wanted for a spacer or just make one?

Just make one please, it's one less thing to scrat about for and  it'd be nice to have something so visible all shiny and new.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, imago said:

No it's a good thought, I just don't wan't to put pressure on @Gsxrsamwith a tight timeline. If it's ready by the time we go then great, if not that's fine too. :tu

You did not read the previous message right......All bits are sourced and made..... do ya want em posting, or sending to Stafford with the van full Clive is already taking?

12 minutes ago, Gsxrsam said:

You did not read the previous message right......All bits are sourced and made..... do ya want em posting, or sending to Stafford with the van full Clive is already taking?

Oh right, I thought you'd priced the aluminium but hadn't made it yet. :tu

No point in the arse ache of post, Stafford will do just fine thanks. Let me know what the damage is and how you want paying. (y)

Edited by imago
  • Like 1