15 to 17.5

DeegzARG

I rebuilt the carbs last week with new components from the Keyster kit and the GS1000 seems to be running fairly good. Especially compared to how it was running before. 

the only “issue” I seem to be having is it takes a while to warm up before the throttle is fully responsive. Would going up a size in the pilot jet be the solution? It’s currently stock at 15, I’m thinking of swapping for a 17.5  

I also noticed some white smoke coming out of the right side pipe but that only happens when I first start the bike then it goes away. Any thoughts?

best

carlos

p.s. Also swapped the petcock for a pingel and capped the vacuum port. 

IMG_6311.jpeg

IMG_6337.jpeg

IMG_6437.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

What do you call a while ?  Can you start it on choke , let it run a couple of minutes whilst putting helmet Etc on ( usually adjusting the choke so the motor doesn't rev excessively ) and ease the choke off ? That's kinda normal, it's not like a fuel injection engine that starts and ticks over straight away 

Edited by DAZ
Addition
On 9/2/2023 at 3:57 AM, DeegzARG said:

I think the white smoke was water vapor. It’s gone away since. I still notice it’s takes a while to warm up though. Would switching to a 17.5 help with that issue?

My gs1000 has k&n air filters and a Vance & hines exhaust but I still found increasing the pilot jets just made it too rich…..that said, I’m in the uk and the climate can make tuning different, but I’d be looking at fine tuning the carb’s again before swapping out the jets 

5 minutes ago, jb said:

My gs1000 has k&n air filters and a Vance & hines exhaust but I still found increasing the pilot jets just made it too rich…..that said, I’m in the uk and the climate can make tuning different, but I’d be looking at fine tuning the carb’s again before swapping out the jets 

same for me, K&N and Yoshi pipe, running standard pilot jets.