Rubber peg in Kat clutch

TomTom

Upon stripping my Kat clucth it appears there is supposed to be a small rubber peg in the back of the clutch basket. How important is this as mine is missing.  Also how crucial is the tolerance on the plain clutch plates. Warpage is supposed to be within 0.004" . Any info gratefully received thanks. 

Edited by TomTom

I wouldn`t worry to much about the rubber peg, I`ve not had one in mine for years. Think its there to help reduce the noise coming from the clutch assy, can`t say I noticed on mine,  that's assuming everything else is as it should be. Can`t help with the tolerance info but I would imagine its best kept to an absolute minimum.

• Like 1

that little piece of rubber is indeed to reduce the noise, but it is not something critical
I rebuild the clutch on my 1100ES engine a few months back, and also replaced that little piece of rubber.

Don't know about that clutch plate tolerance, did your clutch rattle and slipped while driving?

Thanks guys.For your information, if anyone is interested,. the wee rubber peg when new is 3.5mm dia and 6.5mm long.

When fitting new plain clutch plates I presume the flat side goes into the basket first as there is an obvious radius on the shaped central bit of the plates,if that makes any sense.Cheers 

• Like 1

Thanks guys ,I checked my plates on the surface table at work and some were slightly warped ,so I have a new set. Also replacing the springs as there origin was unknown.  All genuine parts now and the fibre plates were within tolerance so reusing them. The plain plates were fitted tge other way round when I stripped tge clutch tho. All this should hopefully make for an easier clutch. Fingers crossed.