• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

So pulled Brian out from the back of the garge, as its 4 weeks to the welsh classic Bike festival and track day, thought I d better see if it runs after 7 monthsO.o

With a new battery and some fresh super unleaded it fired up eventually, :tu

went done the by pass and back using my universal number plateB|

This just reminded me how small and uncomfortable it is!!

Its great and i love it but its just to small for a fully grown adult!!:$

So I have decided that this will be the last run out and then ill let it go to someone whose child sized:D

Anyone want to come and have look at it, ill be at Angelsey for both days 25/26th may.:tu

fdyofvO.jpg

• Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So having riden it round Angelsey track again, ive finally come to the concluison its too fekin small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Ive tried to get on with it, same as My Mag 2 but these things are made for dwarves, not full sized adults.O.o:tu

so plan "F" remove all the very expensive bits, engine, front end, and exhaust,  and sell it as a rolling chassie??:( not sure yet.....

What's the main problem? If it's seat to footrest distance, can the seat be raised and / or pegs lowered?

A stock magnum 2 seat is fairly high because it consists of a fairly comprehensive seat unit with another base and foam fixed on top. When the stock seat is binned (90% of all Magnums) and e.g. an F1 seat fitted, this drastically reduces the seat to height distance because the base of the relatively thin seat sits directly on the frame rails. I realised this when I buiilt my Spondon so had the subframe altered to raise the seat base and move it back early in the build. I'm 6'1" so there's no way I'd be able to ride it otherwise. Riding my Mag 2 is still fine though (stock seat unit) but not as fine as when I was 24 :(

Its not too small, its just that your aging body isn't as flexible and adaptable as 20yr old you!

As a 20yr old, you would have put up with ridiculous riding styles and folded your body into unimaginable positions to ride a 'Frame Kitted' bike!

Getting old sucks! :(

• Like 1
On 5/31/2024 at 11:50 AM, Gixer1460 said:

Its not too small, its just that your aging body isn't as flexible and adaptable as 20yr old you!

As a 20yr old, you would have put up with ridiculous riding styles and folded your body into unimaginable positions to ride a 'Frame Kitted' bike!

Getting old sucks! :(

Yup a twice broken starboard knee cap and dodgy hip are a real pain nowadays, :(