B12 on Gsx et

Grimeric

Evening all. I wasn't sure if this should be here or in general chat but as its a Gsx frame I'm sure it's okay. Admin move if you feel necessary. 

Im wanting to finally get a start on my long dreamed of Gsx build. 

Frame is a gsx 750 et and I'm wanting to slip in a bandit 12 front end. Is it just as easy as pressing an et stem into the bandit yokes? I'm guessing the stops will have to be modified too. 

I am sure I read on the temp forum that someone mentioned you had to get the stem knurled to get a really tight fit? 

New to building so any advice appreciated. 

Same here. I'm breaking 1999 B12 to build a 750ET.

Id love a radial super trick front end but for the initial build it might be getting the 12's front end to get it up on its wheels. I'm expecting a stem change and possibly a change of "full lock" lugs / stops ?    Anything I need to know ? 

Edited by Tony Nitrous
  • 1 month later...

Hi there. You can get the b12 stem cut lower and machine bearing  and threaded parts  lower to suit or use a gsxr 750 stem. Can't remember what year suits the bandit lower stem as the newer ones just fall in. Remove lock stops from 750 frame and weld in a stop to bottom of yoke. 

I swapped stems from original forks. Had to cut a relief in old yoke to get it out. Added knurling to the bottom portion of stem and pressed into bandit bottom yoke. Bent the Damn press! I have an 1100ed. Bearings were same size. I had to have the collar that goes into top clamp machined to fit bandit top triple. Using a 2002 front end. Should be the same for earlier. 

FB_IMG_1444872724125.jpg

There might be issues with the discs in fiitting bandit wheels in slingy forks and vice versa,I'm sure the discs have different offsets,didn't you have to put a spacer(washer?) behind the discs on one set to centre the discs in the calipers? Can't remember which way round it was though.

• Like 1