Bandit cylinder stamp

paddle

Hi.ive just got my blandit project home and i just noticed it's got 1156 stamped on the barrels I was under the impression 1200s were never stamped.the engine number starts V19 so it's a bandit engine it's on a M registration plate so a very early model.did some bandits have the capacity stamped on them 

Thanks 

24 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

what are your intensions for it ? could be worth a bit if its clean as they are thin on the ground !!!  

I was going to butcher it for a project but a mate of mine  reckons I should restore it back to original.its in quite a bad way I drained the oil but 1/2 liter of water came out first it does turn over but compression is low.its been outside for 10 years the frame is bleached white by the sun the carbs are seized solid.Going to give it some thought see where I go with it 

i know theirs not a lot of bandit lovers on here but they are starting to go up in price, especially good clean low mileage MK1's.  the 95 ( some call pre production) bikes as i said are pretty rare. its a shame its in such a mess as it'll cost a few quid to restore :( unless you can do it on the cheap.  

Edited by TonyGee
4 hours ago, paddle said:

Hi.ive just got my blandit project home and i just noticed it's got 1156 stamped on the barrels I was under the impression 1200s were never stamped.the engine number starts V19 so it's a bandit engine it's on a M registration plate so a very early model.did some bandits have the capacity stamped on them 

Thanks 

Didnt even realise that you could get 1200 bandits on an M plate, I dont think ive ever seen one until now.