Frame brace

wraith

Ok,

Doing the gsx1100f project and on the standard bike it has a bolt on brace that goes around the sides of engine form front to rear. Is it worth getting these and putting them on?

Just thinking as the gsxr's slabside and slingshot have a similar frame design/set-up, as in a rap round main frame and bolt on front part but they do not have these bolt on side bits.

So what do you lot think?

i think that they were fitted on the gsxf because suzuki knew that the bikes were so fugly that eventually their riders would throw them on the ground in frustration and walk away. the braces were to protect the engine because they knew that eventually those engines would be scavenged for fitting to real katanas and other suzuki royalty.......

• Like 5

ive just reread your first post wraith (im dyslexic), you mean the two bits that wrap around the cylinders ?  they are for crash protection as they can be hidden behind a fairing, but they are quite stiff so they will help to keep the frame ridged. theirs nowt stopping you leaving them off but it might not help the handling !!!!

• Like 1

Funny thing is, I took them of a couple of times for mounting lights of, painting, taking lights of etc.

Every time I put them on used lot of strengt, by taking them of took lot less strengt. My conclusion they stiffen the frame cause there is some friction wich looses them.

Sorry for my bad englisch ;)

• Like 1

Got some off that site, nice and cheep :D 

so will see how they go/look and will put pics up on the project thread. 

Mite work ok, as looking at putting some of them crash mushroom things on and could make a bracket off these engine bar things ;) 

I will keep the project thread updated so you all can see what you can do will a gsx1100f (the whale) (y)