How to stop slabby nose cone ears breaking??

Pd1987

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a bit obvious but .. lose the mirrors... they're only good for seeing you shoulders anyways LOL Bar ends are you friends :)

...and make sure the rear brace is bent correctly so as not to put stress on.. and  make alloy braces to replace the flimsy stockers as previously stated.

If that still doesn't work, it may be time to replace that brittle old ABS with fiberglass

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/suzuz/GSXR11001986-88.htm

I could've made them a bit longer I guess, but they appear to be doing what I wanted them to.....old plastics...brittle....I also replaced the well nuts/rubber bungs in the ends of the stay by welding on a 10mm nut.

I dis away with the well nuts/bungs altogether by brazing a half inch length of tube to the metal plate like you did.  The ID of the tube is the same as the OD of the farting stay so tits lips over and is held secure with an R clip pushed through a hole drilled through the assembly.  Real period racer job and it pulls off in seconds.

Mine had these metal plates on the outside.

The fairing is supported on both sides.

It is visible, but not to stand out, a compromise.

The fairing is a mess underneath, I don't know if they were put on before it started to crack, seems unlikely.

Maybe put on after it started to crack, to help stabilise it.

I've had it 2 years & its not got any worse.

Fairing 1.jpg

Fairing 2.jpg

Fairing 3.jpg