rf 900 wheels into efe forks and swinger?

baldrick

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 10:06 PM, baldrick said:

hello, as the title says, does anyone know if this is an easy transplant (RF wheels, discs etc into std efe forks an swingarm?)

cheers

Baldrick not efe but my Katana 1000 has rf900 running gear but i didn't fit it :D, front is complete set-up with forks but they have extensions fitted at top on original Kat yokes, and rear 900 wheel but fitted into a gsx standard box swingarm.

Edited by kiwi
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

Just new on OSS, sorry if i 'm too prompt to go in this section, traveling through EFE subjects what a hazard that i see someone want to fit 900RF wheel in an EFE because i ve performed kind of thing like that.

i can tell u that it's same axle diameter, then (trying to remember) the hub appeared to be larger, so as the sprocket holder on RF, except that, they look the same, sprocket holder can be swap from RF to EFE,  then, the inside spacers are different.

To fit the 5,5 i had to cut the collar of bearing housing from the sprocket holder and move rim to the left at max, now i use a sealed bearing on this side, also had to shorten heads of sprocket bolts, i removed also a little bit of material on swingarm for tire clearence, also a bit of rubber from tire edge.

last is the output sprocket that i spaced out till groove limit of the shaft. chain and tire clearence is acceptable with a brand new chain, can't tell what if too loose.

Apologize if this look like a weird dialect (i'm from france), also i might had done some incorrect langage abuse that don't mean anything or bring comfusion, if needed i can try to clarify things or provide you a link that might give more perspective.

Edited by Kasuberoa
langage correction

I realise i didn't considered the disc rotor, can't tell much about it, so when saying hub is nearly the same this have to be confirmed. in fact i mixed external RF rim with EFG hub (solder) and a section of sprocket holder, had throw to trash can remaining pieces, can't compare sorry.

i saw there are many guy that performed to fit 5,5 rim with genuine arm, that give much credit to the swap i guess.

edit: maybe it's more likely 4,5 rims i saw that much, but...5,5 fit

Edited by Kasuberoa