throttle cable is poopy

v-twinwalker

today was the day i tried to start my bike, and i did, its out of sync forsure bc the idle plays around a bit but also my throttle cable sucks, i fixed my tach so i was trying to adjust the throttle and when i tighten or loosen my cable nothing really happens, sometimes itll tighten up but loosens again, ill have to post a vid of the bike running and me messing with cable to give a bit of a better depiction but if anyone has knowledge of why its acting like this please help

p.s- i know that the carb adjustments are on the outside of the carb and i can sync them like that, but im a nooby and since this bike has 4 carbs i didnt want to mess with it without some prior knowledge or some guidance, tonights not the night to do it im gonna call it a day im happy with where i got but if anyone has any pointers or a thorough guide to do it id be happy to hear

Edited by v-twinwalker
1 hour ago, Gixer1460 said:

Is this site turning into "Suzuki Ownership for Dummies" ? :stop:

If you don't know what you are doing - buy a Haynes or Clymer manual and read it - then read it again, then tackle a job and then if you get stuck come and ask a question! :)

just asking if anyone knows about it before i try to tackle it tomorrow i appreciate any help, i want to get a service manual but cant rn. sry ur so annoyed that im asking alot of questions for help

Remove cable. If it's not obviously knackerd with kinks and/or breaks in the outer sleeve and rust everywhere, clean everything on it that you can with paraffin as a solvent then dry. Hang the cable up by a nipple (oh, err missus). Form a cone around the cable outer with blu tac, then fill the inside of the cone with engine oil. The oil will run down the inside of the cable. Refit cable and adjust. If this doesn't work, buy a new cable (OEM if possible). Alternatively, buy a cable oiler (sources for these will be found in old copies of Motorcyle Mechanics Fortnightly, c. 1981)O.o

• Like 3

so i guess im not gonna make another post seeing how many i have made, but today bike didnt want to start, wasnt cranking at all just electric, got it up a few times after messing with throttle cable and one time it started right after i stopped pressing starter button, i heard about that before i heard its an electric issue maybe im wrong.

49 minutes ago, Poldark said:

Not pigeons, sea gulls.  He's on the Florida gulf coast; very sandy and salty environment.  

Have you done anything to the throttle cable lately?  If it's routing has any tight bends, it could be binding.  Has the bike sat for a long time without running; might have dirty carbs.

ive just been adjusting tha bottom then top to try to mess with throttle and it takes a good amount of spins before it starts rising, i guesss im gonna get to removing it and looking at it, and yes it sat for a while before buying it but it ran for two days then it started shutting off it did it twice then it wasnt turned for a couple- few weeks. its been started v=every week or two but usually doesnt turn back on the second day after siting the night prior, carbs r hopefully not out of sync im going to check if 1 doesnt fire good bc of spark tomorrow an ill retest the battery at oriellys even tho i just got it

Edited by v-twinwalker