Katana 1100 fitted with Gsxr1100 L carbs, what size main and pilot jets should I start off with?

ToMKaT

Hi, Everyone :banana:

Built a Katana 1100 from scratch using kat 750 frame and pinched the engine from my trusty rusty Gsx1100 ez.

Bought a set of Gsxr1100 L carbs.  They leaked everywhere, now fixed the split brass choke pipes (y)

Just wondering what size jets are the best to start off with.

Got Harris pipe fitted with expensive K&N filters. 

I did a search on here, but the 11,500 hits no matter what words I used, was a little off putting. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated :tu

Was the L the 40mm carbs?

If so bad luck they are a pain to set up and with our standard air box you will never be 100% 

The 36mm or the gsxr750 38mm carbs are the best.

I'd start with a 150 main jet (dyna jet that is as different make are different size O.o)

Welcome to the world of setting carbs up of a different bike, it's good fun you know xD

'M' & 'N' models had the nasty 40mm CV's - 'K' & 'L' were 36mm and were very tunable!

I think the GSX's were fitted with 34mm CV's  and so unless the engine internals have been altered to increase airflow into the head, the fitting of bigger carbs will likely result in lower gas speed / higher depression and less draw on the jets. I'd try the same jets as the 34mm carbs first off or 10% bigger for a start?