hydraulic conversion

8 minutes ago, Reinhoud said:

When I converted mine to hydraulic I did some calculations, it's as simple as the ratio in travel of the pressure plate in the clutch and the lever on the handle bars..

Big advantage of hydraulic is that cable routing is almost non important, and that was also a bit of a problem with my bike.

Yes, that is a good point re: cable routing, esepcially on highly modified bikes and those with aftermarket frames.

Cable choice can make a huge difference to the operation and there are quite a few to pick from....

if you are using the stock EFE perch and lever then the longest OEM cable with straight end and centre adjuster is the way to go.

if its a non stock perch and lever then one with a curve formed on the lever end is a better option but some "patten ones" are a little shorter and more difficult to get a smooth curve under the carbs

Pics are just 4 cables I had kicking about

20190706_141133.thumb.jpg.9a6da26079da5d84c2393b483ab84f15.jpg

20190706_141140.thumb.jpg.8f3ff77750f5b70fbd967dddc5cec8b0.jpg

20190706_141152.thumb.jpg.390fc598ba7e072c2c26e16f1685ca01.jpg

On 7/1/2019 at 12:50 PM, cheshirekat said:

not a case of manning up got severe arthritis in my wrists and knees so it becomes uncomfortable to ride any distances with out discomfort thought hydraulic conversion would enable to ride for longer

You have my sympathy ck .I have it in ankles knees wrists and right shoulder It's a f_____ but you can't let it beat the buzz of bike riding .