Accommodate new inlet rubbers

Svsam

The DOT heads have a different inlet angle and rubbers to suit the 38mm carbs hence the disparity so yes a bit of carving with a carbide burrs would help as that step will hurt airflow! Stuff the inlets with rags before you start - if not removing the head - not familiar with the rubber part numbers - assume they are from a bandit with 36mm carbs? GSXR part #'s usually end 10, 20, 30 and 40 to get them on correct inlets.

8 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

The DOT heads have a different inlet angle and rubbers to suit the 38mm carbs hence the disparity so yes a bit of carving with a carbide burrs would help as that step will hurt airflow! Stuff the inlets with rags before you start - if not removing the head - not familiar with the rubber part numbers - assume they are from a bandit with 36mm carbs? GSXR part #'s usually end 10, 20, 30 and 40 to get them on correct inlets.

Ah I see. 

Yes they are the b12 carbs. Bsr36ss if I remember right.

literally just finished putting the engine back together and put these on as my last job. So won’t be taking the head off. Bit will look into doing some trimming next weekend. 

Cheers.