Gsx1100g carbs?

Other post didn't catch any traction. Was curious for carbs what are able to be out on the 1127 engine and should I keep to the 36mm or possibly upgrade to the 38mm? And if so what can I look at from other bikes to swap onto this one? Any help with carb related info is a plus. Trying to keep cost down as much as I can.

The 36mm carbs are a good all round carb, some K&N pod filters and a reject will make it feel like a different bike, if you have the standard zorst you will need to sort that as it will be restricting the motor.

You could go for the 38mm carbs from the gsxr750 slingshot but you will need the carb rubbers to match, and to do it right open the ports on the head to match (for best result but if not would not stop engine from running).

Hey wealth thanks for the information. I have seen you and swirl around on here and I appreciate the information I'm looking for cost effective way to do this if I can come across second hand 38mm. But if not I'll go the rejet and pod filters. Good places to find her kits and pod filters? 

Also being as this is a rarer bike to find stuff for what else could I use as reference to find parts for it, was it the pre srad gsxr1100 and the katana 1100s with this same motor? I heard this is just a gsxr1100 motor with different cams and carbs. Thanks guys.

I put a set of 36's from gsxr 11K on my club mates gsx1100g trike. Stage 3 kit and dual foam Pipercross filters.  Pulls like a train. Spins rear wheels in the wet and lifts front end with ease.

Also as a side note, with the G, the fuel pump can be ditched and carbs can be directly feed by vacuum or gravity. 

Edited by Jaydee
5 hours ago, wraith said:

The 36mm carbs are a good all round carb, some K&N pod filters and a reject will make it feel like a different bike, if you have the standard zorst you will need to sort that as it will be restricting the motor.

You could go for the 38mm carbs from the gsxr750 slingshot but you will need the carb rubbers to match, and to do it right open the ports on the head to match (for best result but if not would not stop engine from running).

When you say 750 slingshot, which models do you mean as '750 slingshot' can mean different things to different people. To me that means a 750j or a k, the short stroke dot head 750 with rwu forks that was superseded by the 750l, the first GSXR 750 with USD forks. Or are the carbs from any of the oil cooled 750s post slabby a suitable upgrade?

17 hours ago, Dezza said:

When you say 750 slingshot, which models do you mean as '750 slingshot' can mean different things to different people. To me that means a 750j or a k, the short stroke dot head 750 with rwu forks that was superseded by the 750l, the first GSXR 750 with USD forks. Or are the carbs from any of the oil cooled 750s post slabby a suitable upgrade?

I think ? the 38mm carbs where on the 750L models (usd forks post watercooled) the 750k had 36mm cards.

36 minutes ago, wraith said:

I think ? the 38mm carbs where on the 750L models (usd forks post watercooled) the 750k had 36mm cards.

I've a set of 38mm oil cooled gsxr750, carbs in me garage and the 750m motor to go with it

Edited by Swirl