Good old video

Oilyspanner

Just watched this, thought a few others might enjoy it too - had been looking around for this video for a while and found a good chap has posted it on youtube.

I don't know where they got the weight figures from - the wet weights should be cbr - 457 lbs    1100N - 547lbs    -   still a massive difference and to be fair the cbr did feel very light back then.  I think Keith Huewen quoted the Gurls blouse at pretty much  it's claimed dry weight - 185kg  or 407lbs.

here's the link

• Like 5

nice one :tu story doesn't hit hard enough on just how  mad the CBR was when it 1st came out - my 1st go on one - what the fook is this !!, I can walk into a show room and buy this thing - it was brilliantly mad and sooo easy and confidence inspiring - made a note to self - don't buy one = you will end up in a ditch not because it doesn't work, more because it works so blooming well - wasn't till I got on a mid 90's GSXR750 with trick suspension did I achieve the same feeling of road riding invisibility that only something that,s just right can provide-  maybe that,s the twist here i.e. swap the 1100N in the test for a GSXR750

• 3 months later...