air box and filter or air filter socks

MrT

You need a stage 3 jet kit to go with those. You can't just slap them on and go.  

I would recommend the stage 1 or 2 (cut a hole in the airbox) kit instead. For reasons. Like you can still leave it out in the rain. And personally I have never been able to retain the throttle response of having an airbox since I've run open filters. Others advice will vary.    

cheers guys me thinks the air box shall remain. I'm new to all this buggering about with bikes saw these cheap on the bay of e and the box was a bitch the get out and on again. The bike (gsx 750f ) running lumpy and a bugger to start at the min so chasing an air leak (i think) stinks of petrol when trying to start it.

Plugs are quite new, had them out today and cleaned them still running rough, this bike is really kicking my arse now 3 weeks of one thing going wrong after another. Have refitted airbox made all connections are good new fuel hoses. Still cuts out when hot feels like its stuttering a bit under my arse when riding. Are the idle screw and mix screw the two on the 1st intake carb could this be an issue wrong mix? forgive my technical terms but I'm no mechanic. Also noticed the down pipe on the right of the bike (when sat on it doesn't get warm as quick as the others. Any tips suggestions advice is more than welcome. 

plugs.jpg

breathers are good after cleaning the plugs I turned the air/fuel mix a quater turn to the  right and gave it a damned good thrashing for about ten miles, no cutting out feels smoother still jittering a bit on idle but at least its going now , need a carb balance perhaps?