Original GS1000S Cover Emblem

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, Cheeky4648 said:

Check US eblahh item 272669417224. Looks close diff part number but black and silver. Dey got a ruler next to it too:) other than that it's just a matter of dropping on one. 750 and 850 same size as 1000. 

That's a GS500 one I think, and not really the same, plus you'd still need the DOHC one for the other side.

Yes the 750 and 850 are the same part, and just about impossible to find. Looks like I'll have to go with the newer style.

When I built my 7/11 in early noughties, you could still find them with difficulty, so I had a proper pair on when I sold it (the first time). I bought it back  2 years later and new owner had polished all the black off!! O.o

On 09/09/2017 at 4:46 PM, Locomotion said:

You mean one of these

GS_Crankcase_Emblem_£20.JPG

Hi bud, long time no speak ;)

Blimey this post has exploded 6 months after a total c*** reversed over my bike with me on it, cracked the cover and dumped it's guts all over the road!

Yep, that looks like the baby from my original photo.  I've only managed to source a gold version of that design which I haven't fitted, luckily the covers are still available NOS.  So yes I'll happily buy one from you if it's possible.  I think you might still have my email address, as you sent me pics of your fleet of Ice Cream Vans a few years back.

Cheers Steve :tu

On 09/09/2017 at 4:46 PM, Locomotion said: