Wire wheels for shaft drive G models

Wire wheels for shaft drive GS models... I have blown off the shaft drive because of the fact there really is no option to different/wider wheels and tires. But I think this might give me a reason to look at the 1100G a little closer next time I find one cheap. 

This hub came from a 1985 Madura. The drive side looks identical to 850/1000/1100G models, and the brake side looks like it is in the exact same position as well. Only problem in my mind is the 56 spokes instead of 36 as most aftermarket wheels have. Sun rims does make rims with as many spoke holes as needed up to 5.5 wide though. Not sure if the matching Madura front hub has same rotor spacing as the GS line, but it looks like it couldn't be far off...???

Anyone try this or think of this option?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have a complete front end from a GV700 for a non OSS project.  Just ask and I'll take whatever measurements you need.  My GS projects are 550 and 650.  For comparison: GV tubes are 37mm versus 35mm on the GS, both front axles are 15mm but the GV is longer as the fork spacing is wider.  At a glance, the brake calipers appear to be the same but I haven't checked for sure.

The Suzi customs r/wheels  will fit the GS shaft 850/1000 and 1100 not shore of front, vx800 rear also fit strate in not tryed the gsx1100g anything bigger than a 4.5" rim will not go in the standard swing arm unless you go down to a 15" rim

Edited by wraith
4 hours ago, canamant said:

Any of the GS/GT spoked front hubs should go in the shafties.

Very true, only they have 36 spokes instead of 56 as the Madura hub has....if you want them to match.

Or put big 320 rotors on front, and no one would probably notice spoke count.

• 6 years later...