Everything you want to know about Donington 6th-8th of May but were afraid to ask..

KATANAMANGLER

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:00 PM, MeanBean49 said:

So, whos doing the track day?

We need to form our own splinter group and all fling poo at the non riding show pony OSS peoples from our side of the fence :-)

On a serious note, would be good if we manage to set up in the same area

Hi mate, your offer of some overnight storage still open? I'm doing the track day too so would appreciate the help.

thanks

matt.

I'll be bringing my van and caravan and large awning.

The awning goes between the van and caravan so I need someplace to set this up...

However..

I was wondering if pit garages are available ? if so how about all us OSS trackdayers pitch in and grab a garage between us ?

That way I don't need my awning and can park the van anywhere.

Good job I read this thread as I had no idea that my bike wasn't going to be on the OSS stand.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, skelly said:

I'll be bringing my van and caravan and large awning.

The awning goes between the van and caravan so I need someplace to set this up...

However..

I was wondering if pit garages are available ? if so how about all us OSS trackdayers pitch in and grab a garage between us ?

That way I don't need my awning and can park the van anywhere.

Good job I read this thread as I had no idea that my bike wasn't going to be on the OSS stand.

Good point and I would be if not excessive 

• Like 1
On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:54 AM, MeanBean49 said:

Yes mate. Still open. I will be there with my van and big marquee. Space for a few bikes in it

Cool, cheers mate. I've got nothing special, just a TL thou that I thought I'd have a go on.... Not seen you since the first Pendine....

Cheers

Matt.

I'm familiar with the circuit but not the camping..where is it/will it be situated??...I have seen the Park Farm facilities but they only have pedestrian access to the circuit or does the circuit have their own area for campers?

The short answer to that question @Sheep is I don't actually know myself.

In my head I had planned to park my van in the paddock and leave my bike van and gear there for the weekend but I will camp over at the free camping area. My thinking was to hang out at the stand between races then camp with the non track day OSS people at night. I guess we will suss it out when we get there. 

If it was just me and not my wife and I would sleep in the van in the paddock.

That's cool..I was just wondering really but I guess space would be at a premium the nearer you got to the paddock.I see there is some new infield camping but that may be for other events in the year....I too was thinking sleeping in my work van but that depends whether I am allowed to use the van on a weekday (Friday) otherwise I will simply trailer and tent it..I too may have another in tow in the form of my teenage son who is starting to take an interest in bikes...he won't mind where he kips lol

• Like 1

I think we have 3 groups

• Track Day Riders with own facilities
  • Track Day Riders no facilities
  • Riders with Bikes for the stand

Still hoping with the extra space that we may be able to get a couple more in on the stand but will conflab with the team later.

It seems the site layout is unfamiliar even for those who have been previously. Would it be helpful to try and pull something together ref camping up? Can I help with this or are riders happy to make their own arrangements for accommodation for selves and motorcycles when not riding? Open to feedback.

• Like 2
Guest YoshiJohnny

I think some people who are doing the track thing will have the means and tools to help with anyone needing it and I'm sure they won't mind. There will be loads of willing hands if need be and anyone who hasn't done a trackday before can ask as many questions as they need.... there are no stupid questions..

I think the camping area is away from the paddock in the infield so it doesn't matter too much about a bit of noise in the evening but anyone doing the trackday needs to be sensible where booze is concerned... it aint so much the thick head the next day more the speeds you will be doing at Donington that will catch you out if you aren't focused.

The stand through the day will be as much fun as it always is I am sure... 

If anyone needs anything taking... say

I am not on track because I am tight but very happy to help anyone needs it..

On 11/04/2017 at 6:57 PM, minx said:

I think we have 3 groups

• Track Day Riders with own facilities
  • Track Day Riders no facilities
  • Riders with Bikes for the stand

Still hoping with the extra space that we may be able to get a couple more in on the stand but will conflab with the team later.

It seems the site layout is unfamiliar even for those who have been previously. Would it be helpful to try and pull something together ref camping up? Can I help with this or are riders happy to make their own arrangements for accommodation for selves and motorcycles when not riding? Open to feedback.

At the moment I'm in the "track day rider without facility" although waiting on a possible Loan of a van but I do have a tent for the evening just hoping for a dry weekend :D

• Like 1