My SRAD 750 has stood for a good few years but has been started on a regular basis. I want to use it again so I changed the oil and coolant after which it wouldn't fire up at all.

I've dumped the orange muck that was masquerading as petrol and gave the carbs a clean. Cleaned the plugs still won't fire.

I have a weak spark on No. 3 (alright the frame isn't a good earth) but none on the others. Also the plugs are dry even though I poured petrol directly into the carb mouths. And there's no sign of Flooding even though I've been turning her over for a while.

I'm baffled, no spark and no fuel, but there is compression as I tried to bump start it.

Any suggestions?

Bernard

Are the cold start drillings in the carbs and float bowls clogged? If the fuel was orange it does not take much to block these very fine drillings to bugger up the cold starting. Try spraying some easy start into the carbs as you try to start it and if it fires you know it's a fuel problem. I'm assuming you have the tank and airbox off still.

Tanks guys, I did try easy start, but that didn't work, I'll pull the carbs off again and double the cold start drillings. I checked the wiring but didn't see anything loose. I cleaned the plugs, but they're fairly old so I'll stick a new set in. Has to be something simple.

Whip the fuel pump and filter off for a good clean and fire airline in the hoses etc 

Clean the terminal on fuel relay and lube and re connect.

If it gets a little gummed up or sticky it sends a signal to the relay to cut spark off and stop fuel etc.

• Like 2