Bandit 12, with high comp Pistons and dot head?

Buddy

Hi lads

recently bought some low mileage 1216 pistons, which are 10.5.1, bandit 1200 motor is standard so far, could a dot head be used with Pistons at that comp? I've done a dot head swap on a standard motor before, but with the comp hike with a dot head, I wondered if it would work with the 10.5.1 Pistons? Or if it's too much comp and a lot of grief to make work? I don't know the figures etc increase with the dot head etc, thought I'd ask the question as some of the experienced guys on here will know if it's a no-go to start with

cheers 

buddy

Thanks for the replies, they are 1216, 81mm 10.5.1  JE Pistons,  seems to be a couple of you lads running high comp on road, im

no expert, thought that over 11 was getting into the risky end but seems like couple people have been running well over that, 

cheers 

11 hours ago, Oilyspanner said:

The compression shouldn't be a problem, 1100Rs  are 10:1 std  for example and are fine with the dot head, the shape of the piston crown and the 750's  shape of  chamber might well be though. What make of piston are the 1216s ? someone might have some experience with them. . . . .

JE 10.5.1 

I think Dale Walker used to use 10.5 :1  pistons as well as 12:1, as the guys have said , 12:1 should be no problem on half decent fuel - the 10.5:1 lets you use pretty much anything and you could still use an ignition advancer. You could do a dry build and measure the piston to head gap with solder - not a lumpy piston though, big difference between 73mm and 81mm bore, so a mismatch with the head is possible.

40 minutes ago, Oilyspanner said:

I think Dale Walker used to use 10.5 :1  pistons as well as 12:1, as the guys have said , 12:1 should be no problem on half decent fuel - the 10.5:1 lets you use pretty much anything and you could still use an ignition advancer. You could do a dry build and measure the piston to head gap with solder - not a lumpy piston though, big difference between 73mm and 81mm bore, so a mismatch with the head is possible.

Cheers, yeah can see where your coming from with the mis match in the head, could maybe just have my own head worked on instead cheers