how to avoid carb clearance problems 88j

trying to get everything planned out before I buy loads of bits to find out they dont fit...

hear that the 88j 750 frame with a b12 motor that carbs dont clear (some people say they do some say dont)

anyone got a definitive answer? and if they do hit what do they hit and easiest way to get around it?

Yep CRD, the dot head tried to get a bit of down-draft effect and the intake ports are angled differently. The only problem with the 1100/1200 engine in the short stroke R frame is having to lower the engine down to adjust the valve clearances - Capt will say if there's a special knack to help with this . . .

• Like 1
On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 4:06 PM, caferacerdan said:

reet in that case i wont bother with a dot head, il just add 750 cams and stock carbs n should be ok! awesome :) 

You could always try a Teapot Dot Head. Same valves and combustion chamber sizes but the intake isn't at the same angle. As far as I'm aware.

But I'm sure someone will correct me.

Done a few of these, 750m with b12-dot head, 38mm,best carbs hit frame, so we made billet tops on outer two carbs, and another we trimmed frame inside unseen, and made scalopp plate to restrengthen it ! Also 34mm tin tops from 1052 gsxr work well no mods, as there skinny. 

• Like 1