Gsxr 750l -90 Doesn't sounds good

Hibbi

Hi!

Posted a video on youtube.

Video

When it revving up I have pull the choke.

Would anyone be able to say what the problem is.
I fixed the valves two years ago, but at the end of last year there was very little oil in the machine.

The valves may have taken a beating, or is there a bearing that has gone bad

//Andreas

Ouch !!! - if you check the valve clearances you might find some odd gaps, which would be valves.

I reckon it's time to check it through - if you've lost oil then a ring could've broken which would lose the oil and done some 'bad stuff' elsewhere !!

Bit chuffy and rhythmic tapping like valve problems. I'd want to check it through completely though.

Sounds like you are a cylinder down too.  I'd take the top off and check the valve clearances first.   Camshaft may be buggered but you'll see that when you get the lid off.  Do a compression test when you have sorted out the clearances.  Is the exhaust smokey ?  It could be anything so it's best to check stuff in order, going deeper if no cause is found at each stage.

That sounds like a big end to me, if you take all 4 spark plugs out  and  r/h engine cover then turn engine over with a spanner get each of the pistons in turn to go over tdc so they are going down then take a long screwdriver through the plug hole rest gently on top of the piston then push down if you hear or feel movement then assume its the big end. do each one in turn remember the piston has to be decending. 

3 hours ago, cregnybaa said:

That sounds like a big end to me, if you take all 4 spark plugs out  and  r/h engine cover then turn engine over with a spanner get each of the pistons in turn to go over tdc so they are going down then take a long screwdriver through the plug hole rest gently on top of the piston then push down if you hear or feel movement then assume its the big end. do each one in turn remember the piston has to be decending. 

what about sticking a long screw driver against your ear and against the bottom of each barrel? Wouldn't that be quicker ?

I've had an alternator sound like that, I thought my engine was fucked. Well maybe not as knocky but it was loud and knocky

Edited by p4ddy

Haha thanks for all the answers! :D
I have come to the conclusion that no matter what the problem is, it will be cheaper to buy a newer one.

I think it goes on all cylinders for it rolls as it did before ticking, but it has always attracted a lot of oil.
See here in the future if I have the time to start checking or if I should sell it for a cheap price.

What would you give for it? xD