3 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

The rotors are 330mm. I tried contacting PM, but their website throws an error every time I try and contact them. And I found the pads. FA216/3HH, they're mostly used on PM calipers and other cruisers. No idea if PM ever sold a kit for GSXRs or someone set these up themselves. Still curious to see how they perform.

Wierd - don't they have phones? I'd guess the compound for brake pads for an HD mega behemoth would differ to those required for something like a much lighter sprots machine like a GSXR. Do they supply pads of different compounds?

Edited by Dezza

Looking at the caliper  to the adapter plate I'd say it wasn't factory made , as if it was specific to a model of fork type I would expect the calipers to bolt directly to the forks ,the top caliper mount is scalloped to miss something, also the gap twixt the calipers and plate is uneven, my nose says home brewed , but still nice calipers if you want non standard blingy bits (y)

9 hours ago, Dezza said:

Wierd - don't they have phones? I'd guess the compound for brake pads for an HD mega behemoth would differ to those required for something like a much lighter sprots machine like a GSXR. Do they supply pads of different compounds?

It's the weekend, no one's there. The compounds are all the same, these pads are standard EBC HH pads. I was mainly asking for the pad part number, as I could only make out the last of it and when I tried cleaning the back, it took the writing off as well. Some creative googling pulled it up.

8 hours ago, DAZ said:

Looking at the caliper  to the adapter plate I'd say it wasn't factory made , as if it was specific to a model of fork type I would expect the calipers to bolt directly to the forks ,the top caliper mount is scalloped to miss something, also the gap twixt the calipers and plate is uneven, my nose says home brewed , but still nice calipers if you want non standard blingy bits (y)

They're mainly an aftermarket cruiser supplier now, but I think they did make sports bikes parts back in the 80s and 90s. Similar to how Vance & Hines used to make tons of sports bike stuff and now mainly sticks to drag racing and cruiser parts. Doubt much ever made it across the pond, same as we rarely see the nice brakes from Europe outside of Brembo. Definitely repurposed calipers from probably a harley, but the rotors were made for GSXR wheels. The biggest problem is the complete lack of any part numbers on anything. The rotors are completely blank and the calipers only have USA hand stamped into each half.

Are there any other 330mm rotors that fit W wheels? I'm hoping to bring these rotors back, but if I can't, or when they wear out, stock sized rotors would require new adapters to be made.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

Similar to how Vance & Hines used to make tons of sports bike stuff 

I have V&H case savers on my 750. 

That said i remember plenty of magazines with decked out gxsr's on pm wheels and brakes from back in the day. For awhile it was the goto recipe. To me it makes sense they used a pad from a existing bike.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, bunk said:

I have V&H case savers on my 750. 

That said i remember plenty of magazines with decked out gxsr's on pm wheels and brakes from back in the day. For awhile it was the goto recipe. To me it makes sense they used a pad from a existing bike.

Yeah, a buddy of mine has a set of PM GSXR wheels, and I've always wanted his wheels and he's always wanted my brakes. Here's a set of the wheels.

Picture 1 of 2s-l1600.thumb.webp.be66f67abf96db95136c388284fca049.webp

Those wheels are currently on Eblag, and they seem to not be too hard to find. I can't find any info on the brakes though.

I wish more of the old V&H stuff was still around, looks way more period correct to me than running new aftermarket stuff.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dezza said:

What's it like getting the calipers on? I ask as I had a Ducati with 330mm discs and it took a certain knack to do this as there was very little space between the disc and wheel rim. The pistons on each caliper had to be pushed right back when new pads went in.

Actually pretty easy to get on. The calipers are a little smaller than the stock ones and the adapter plate doesn't get in the way at all.