Harris in bits

Neill666

My Harris Gsxr ripped apart ready to get paint n polish trying to do most of the work myself but my powder coating oven just ain't big enough for my frame , took bodywork to a local painter for a quote and nearly fell off my fukkin feet when he quoted 725 quid for tank,seat and muddy in a single colour 

WP_20160203_015.jpg

9 hours ago, bluedog59 said:

It's all in the prep with paintwork. If you take your time you can get very good results with rattle cans.

And if it comes out crap, you've not wasted much cash.

but if you asked me to repaint it after you wanked it up with rattle cans i would charge you more for prep work ... rattle cans ...i fkin hate em .

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking at engine mounts ,looks like engine is hung direct off top rear, front mounts extended backward, then fixed lower left and bracket lower right in the two tapped bosses. When its hung like this have the headers on exhaust needed extensions or just standard fitment. also is the fixed lower bracket  standard or has that also been modded

Could you put a picture of front engine  mount extension  please ........Cheers

• 1 month later...
On 25-2-2016 at 8:40 PM, Neill666 said:

Back from powder coating time to start rebuild ,engine degreased ready for paint, exhaust polished coz I canny afford a new one :(   

WP_20160224_001.jpg

I desperatly need a Harris in my life. I got offered one once but let it pass....

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...