1100W petcock on 750 slingshot tank?

I've got a 750W at home, but I'm not at home right now. Currently dealing with a dementia parent and not sure when I'll get home to double check my collection of petcocks. Also really trying to get a bike back on the road here so I can get away for a couple hours at a time and get a break from them.

I noticed that 1100W petcocks look pretty damn similar to slingshot petcocks, and Pingel sells the same kit for all the GSXR 1100s. So do OEM W petcocks fit slingshots? My US 92 750 came with a shitty aftermarket single outlet petcock that is impossible to switch over to reserve while riding, and too many times I've had to pull over to switch it over or ran out of gas because I keep it on reserve constantly now. But looking online, I'm seeing that slingshot and W 750 petcocks are all about the same price, $185 here in the states, and 1100W petcocks are at least $50 cheaper. Like there's still a lot of new old stock sitting on shelves out there.

On 5/29/2024 at 5:08 AM, Upshotknothole said:

I've got a 750W at home, but I'm not at home right now. Currently dealing with a dementia parent and not sure when I'll get home to double check my collection of petcocks. Also really trying to get a bike back on the road here so I can get away for a couple hours at a time and get a break from them.

I noticed that 1100W petcocks look pretty damn similar to slingshot petcocks, and Pingel sells the same kit for all the GSXR 1100s. So do OEM W petcocks fit slingshots? My US 92 750 came with a shitty aftermarket single outlet petcock that is impossible to switch over to reserve while riding, and too many times I've had to pull over to switch it over or ran out of gas because I keep it on reserve constantly now. But looking online, I'm seeing that slingshot and W 750 petcocks are all about the same price, $185 here in the states, and 1100W petcocks are at least $50 cheaper. Like there's still a lot of new old stock sitting on shelves out there.

The petcock O ring seal is the same part for 750-1100 from 1988 to 1998, so that means the base and screw spacing of the petcock is identical

2 hours ago, Joseph said:

The petcock O ring seal is the same part for 750-1100 from 1988 to 1998, so that means the base and screw spacing of the petcock is identical

Yeah, that's my thinking as well. The next time I'm able to get home I'll pull the petcock off the 95 750W I've got and try it out. If it works I'll order a new 1100W petcock as they're the cheapest out of all of them.

7 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

does anyone think the same about the word "petcock" ?  I know its what you American's call them but it always sounds like you have a thing for your dog's bits O.o 

Petcocks, shuttlecocks, anything to say "cock" in polite society.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

Yeah, that's my thinking as well. The next time I'm able to get home I'll pull the petcock off the 95 750W I've got and try it out. If it works I'll order a new 1100W petcock as they're the cheapest out of all of them.

I think you will find that the only difference is the length of the selector and the configuration of the outflow pipes

• Like 1

Managed to run home for the day and pulled the petcock off my 750W, and it looks like an 1100W should be an easy swap. Didn't use this one because I'd forgotten that the tank wasn't empty and I don't know what the hell is in there now, but it's not gasoline anymore.

image.thumb.jpeg.57ff14f6653a4e51e08bbd0c1d7d2814.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.94ed0ae41653812418c8eea6a55f9112.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4c60d3b7e8e6d07882f2be5af71fdd85.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Just an update. Bought an 1100W OEM petcock off Eblag for about $64, used the stock OEM lever off my slingshot petcock, and it works fine. One outlet is 90 degrees from stock, but easy enough to fix with slightly longer fuel lines. Reserve gives me about 1.5 gallons. Not sure if it'll work when I eventually stick an 1100 in this 750, but a hell of a lot better than paying the $200+ that slingshot petcocks are going for now.

IMG_3413.jpeg

IMG_3414.jpeg

• Like 1