Final drive swap

I'll keep it as short as I can . Ive got a 1980-81 suzuki gs1100g that is shaft drive , I want to swap it to chain drive with a wide rear tire. Any advise on how to and how big or difficult the process will be  would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot 

Well the shaft frames are wide in the swing arm pivot area so relatively easy to swap your swing arm and wheel of choice in I guess , if you're after converting your existing engine to chain drive that maybe harder .... Unlike the team green bikes that require removal of the bevel box change the output shaft to the chain drive one and fit the chain drive sprocket back plate

Yes it can be done to change the shaft drive to a chain drive but and it's a big BUT

You need to do a lot of work on the top and bottom crankcases you have to change and alter the output shaft, then sort new size bearings and seals.

It can be done but unless you can do all the work yourself it would be cheaper and easier to buy another gs1000 chain drive engine. 

• Like 2