2002 Bandit 1200s Whoas..

Got a New to me 2002 Bandit 1200s. 4000 original miles Beautiful Blue . Rebuilt the carbs Al Balls kits , working perfectly ,revving, idle good , 10 minutes into running , dies and starter button won’t engage,nothing . All lights working . Wait 30 or so minutes , starts right up . Repeat,Repeat…….TIA..

Not enough charge going into the battery maybe or a broken wire in the loom near the engine, loom warms up flexes bike cuts out bike cools down loom wire makes connection bike starts and so on? or cdi breaking down when it gets warm I have had that happen before and was a bugger to track down to the cdi, or starter solenoid playing silly buggers .

• Like 2

Have a mk1 with a mk2 loom here. Something similar happened me. Bike died and had to wait for the battery to settle. Restart only to die 30 seconds later. Turned out it was the earth wire (single plug connector to side of) alternator had broken off. Battery wasn't charging. Once wire sorted, problem gone.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, alfiestorm said:

Not enough charge going into the battery maybe or a broken wire in the loom near the engine, loom warms up flexes bike cuts out bike cools down loom wire makes connection bike starts and so on? or cdi breaking down when it gets warm I have had that happen before and was a bugger to track down to the cdi, or starter solenoid playing silly buggers .

Got 13.4 sitting 14.1-3 charging(running)…it seems to have something to do with neutral switch , about a minute before it dies the neutral light goes out starter button dead . Got a starter solenoid coming .

the little spade connector coming off the main earth next to the battery can cause all kinds of problems if corroded, if you put a bandit into gear and it cuts out when the neutral light goes out first thing to check is that spade connection.   

• Like 1
On 2/4/2024 at 11:29 AM, TonyGee said:

the little spade connector coming off the main earth next to the battery can cause all kinds of problems if corroded, if you put a bandit into gear and it cuts out when the neutral light goes out first thing to check is that spade connection.   

Thx , will give that a look…✌️