Which chain and sprockets

So I'm building a rigid framed bike, I'm using a gsx1100f engine with a gsxr 180 rear wheel.

The engine currently has a 15tooth sprocket and the wheel has a 43 tooth one.  Now I'm going to have to offset the front sprocket only I'm not sure by how much yet, probably about 10mm I reckon.

Anyway, I was wondering what size rear sprocket people recommend? Should I go up to 48 teeth? Or even 52? What pitch do people recommend 630/530/525/520? And why?

I've used gearing commander .com to get and idea, but wanted actual real world advice. 

sprocket sizes are all down to personal preference and what you want out of the bike,  a 530 chain will do but, can't understand why you need to offset the front sprocket with a 180 tyre ?  the oil cooled engines don't need it with a 180 !!!!   

41 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

sprocket sizes are all down to personal preference and what you want out of the bike,  a 530 chain will do but, can't understand why you need to offset the front sprocket with a 180 tyre ?  the oil cooled engines don't need it with a 180 !!!!   

Depends what the rear wheel is off as a srad600 had a different off set to oilcooled stuff , but std gearing for a bandit 12 is 15/45 ,for a gsxr1100 16/48 (effectively the same at 3:1) the gsx1100f being a fat old tourer designed to pull two trippers and a fortnights worth of luggage was 15/52 ,  probably the ideal combo is 15/48 just a bit peppier but not revving like 600 

Edited by DAZ
Bleeding predictive text
  • Like 1

I'm running 15/48 on my gsx1100f powered kat, seems pretty good well I like it so that's good for me and my bike, it will still lift the front in first if you give it a good hand full and make the front light in 2nd.

I'm running a 520 chain just for clearance on the frame. 5.5" RF rear wheel with 180 tyre and I didn't need to space the front sprocket. 

I myself would not go for a 630 to big and a good 530 these days are just as strong.

• Like 1

Cheers for the replies chaps.  I'm not 100% sure which model the rear wheel is off, all I can say  for certain is that during mockup the front sprocket was roughly 10mm out from the rear. The rear wheel is central in the frame, should have the engine central next week sometime. 

15/48 sounds about right, it looked to give the best performance on gearing commander.