750j dot head motor

7 minutes ago, carlinmidarlin said:

Looking to sell

In that case, they're horrible engines and I'll take it off your hands for 50 quid, including shipping to the states. Cheers!

Really depends on condition, how's compression, how do the cams look, obvious crash damage, etc. In good condition and good compression I usually see them for about $500 here on the west coast of the US, but they don't pop up too often anymore.

2 minutes ago, Joseph said:

Both same part numbers as powderscreams and also all the 1127 GSXR 4 cam camshafts ;)

Now days they are, pretty sure they were different when new. I've gone through all of the cam part numbers as well, and I think as some point Suzuki decided it was cheaper to only make a limited number of replacement cams as they're all interchange in the tappet heads. I'll double check my old factory manual at some point and see if it lists the different cam part numbers for the various 750s.

• Like 1

In the docs i have, 88-89 7R, powerscreen and 1127R have 8.8 and 8.2 lift, however i don't have all the duration values and obviously that changes things. 

If they smoothed out the part numbers and if the duration made the 7R nicer, maybe they unified it based on the lift values alone ?

Or maybe the docs i've had are wrong ?

Edited by Joseph
3 minutes ago, Joseph said:

In the docs i have, 88-89 7R, powerscreen and 1127R have 8.8 and 8.2 lift, however i don't have all the duration values and obviously that changes things. 

If they smoothed out the part numbers and if the duration made the 7R nicer, maybe they unified it based on the lift values alone ?

Or maybe the docs i've had are wrong ?

The online parts site I use here lists the J and K as different part numbers, with the J fitting lots and unavailable, while the K only fits a couple years of 750s/1100s and is available. But who knows what suzuki has done in the past 30 years with replacement parts on these engines.