Bad driving at suzuki bandit

Peris

Hi,

I'm new here ( I am from Finland )and this group looks great. I have a Suzuki Bandit 1200 year 2004. It otherwise works well, but it is difficult to drive at low speeds of approx. 20 km/h and 1500 rpm. It jerks and gas response is delayed, when i twist throttle first nothing happens, and then is attacks fast.

(Sorry my english). I like to swap different carburetors, what carb is easiest to swap, Is it oil cooled 750 gsxr or something no big modification, my budjet is small :D

Thank you

Don't start faffing about with the carbs unless you have a half decent tool kit or you'll end up mashing the screws and jets. A set of JIS screwdrivers is very useful for splitting the bank and removing the tops and float bowls. Once you're inside you'll need various sizes of flat headed screwdriver. Unless the screwdriver is a nice snug fit in the jet, then don't proceed. Find a better fitting screwdriver instead :) In the pic above you can see that the main and pilot jets are mullered, probably due to someone using screwdrivers that were fitting loosely in the slots in the heads of the jets. The pilot screws should be a loose fit. Once you have carefully removed them, they'll be a tiny spring, washer and o'ring left in the hole. These can be removed by careful use of a bit of thin wire with a small hook bent in the end held with a pair of long-nosed pliers. If you dismantle each carb in an old washing up bowl, you'll be less likely to loose something. Keep all parts for each carb seperate from the others. Once you've done a couple of sets it's quite straightforward.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Peris said:

Would it make sense to install Dynojet kit 1 when the carburetors are removed? 

Bike is almost stock, There is only Yoshimura Rs 3 in place.

No - if you are on a budget then it would be a waste of money for a 'virtually' stock engine. With just a pipe / can the stock carburation should run exactly as . . . . . . . stock. Stripping and ultra cleaning of the carbs is the way to go - ethanol in fuel has a lot to answer for ! ! !

• Like 1