1075 over bore.

imago

What're the options for an over bore on a 1075 with 18mm gudgeon pins beyond the 'normal' 1168? Preferably low compression for the draw through and if I can avoid getting the meat of the block too thin that'd be good. I've had a search and I can't find anything definitive on it but it appears that I can go to 1230?

I have some barrels sitting and I'm thinking that while I'm at this stage it might be a good time to increase the capacity. Getting one of the custom barrels seems like overkill for what is essentially a road bike.

Edited by imago
1 hour ago, imago said:

What're the options for an over bore on a 1075 with 18mm gudgeon pins beyond the 'normal' 1168? Preferably low compression for the draw through and if I can avoid getting the meat of the block too thin that'd be good. I've had a search and I can't find anything definitive on it but it appears that I can go to 1230?

I have some barrels sitting and I'm thinking that while I'm at this stage it might be a good time to increase the capacity. Getting one of the custom barrels seems like overkill for what is essentially a road bike.

Max in a 1075 block is 3mm over which is 1166 cc  anything bigger needs sleeves 

You could use a 1135 "EF" block to go 1230cc.....but would need to open up the cases for the larger sleeves the 1135 block has 

MTC do turbo pistons in both sizes :tu

Edited by Duckndive
add text
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, Duckndive said:

Max in a 1075 block is 3mm over which is 1166 cc  anything bigger needs sleeves 

You could use a 1135 "EF" block to go 1230cc.....but would need to open up the cases for the larger sleeves the 1135 block has 

MTC do turbo pistons in both sizes :tu

Thanks. Not worth the arse ache and expense then. I'll stick with the 1168. (y)

2 valve? Is the Yosh kit still available?

The Wiseco kit uses soup can sized pistons and stock thickness rings, where the Yosh kit uses lighter pistons and 1mm vented rings from a GSXR. MUCH BETTER. (and Total Seal makes GSXR rings). Neither are "low compression".

Custom barrels/pistons (JL will make you 4 pistons for not much more than off the shelf) and you can hog it out to 4" if you wanted.

17 hours ago, E T said:

I have a set of low comp pistons if yer interested 

Cheers, might be. If you drop me a pm with what they are and how much I can check. I'm not 100% on how low a compression ratio I need for the set up, so I can ask the question on the specs and see if they'd be suitable. (y)