Front Brake Master Cylinder

Baz1954

Yet another question Re: 1978 Gs1000. Is there an equivalent front brake master cylinder kit. Cannot find OEM no. 59600-47811.

Anything that comes up is N/A. One site sent kit that ended up being for GS750... much smaller parts.

Other advertised parts have a helical running down half the piston.

Thanks.

Rijko is right. Online this and online that can fail spectaculaly when old stocks of parts are not recognised by whoever catalogues the stuff and staff have no idea what bike you are talking about. I had this when obtaining bits for an old 1972 Yamaha. I called Len Manchesters, who had recently been sold, to be told that although there was a vast stock of old genuine parts in their attic, no-one could work the old parts fische machine or could identify any of the bits. Presumably they're still there gathering dust. I then had the pleasure of calling Webbs of Lincoln and speaking to a parts bloke with an encyclopedic knowledge of alll things Yamaha who knew exactly what I wanted and could help. Sometimes the old ways do work out best :). Try calling round some older well known Suzuki parts dealers that have been going for decades, those that are left that is.

1 hour ago, Baz1954 said:

Thanks for the replies guys, but I live in Oz there are only about a dozen bikes on this island continent and less shops. I'll keep looking.

I’m in rural Australia so I feel your pain with spares.

I’ve done OK with Revzilla in the states, not cheap but they have access to huge stocks and are easy to deal with, I’ve used them 3 or 4 times this year.

Looking on their site 78 GS1000’s do trigger a few “not available” though.

Bugger!