Turning circle

Digs

Just wondering if anyone knows what a turning circle should be on a slingshot? 

My bikes are all quite modified so I’m not sure what to use as a reference, but my pick n’ gixx turning circle is shocking. Pushing it full lock upright I can turn it round 8.4m. Which is 900mm more space than you get in the mod 1. 

IMG_3017.thumb.jpeg.bf712edff15f582413468be99fd7cf55.jpeg

My issue is that I can’t get much closer without the yokes or the pressure switch fouling the tank. I’ve made a little lock stop that I’ve been filing down, but I’ve only got 12mm clearance at the moment on full lock. 

3 minutes ago, Dezza said:

8.4 metres! Sheer luxury. The turning circle of my Spondon is similar to that of a cruise liner O.o What yokes are you using? If they've got less offset than stock items this will be a major contributor to the lack of steering lock.

(y)xDxD My Harris is the same !! 23 point turns are nothing !! Forget turning round in a 2 lane road. I can paddle for England now !!:banana:(y)

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Dezza said:

8.4 metres! Sheer luxury. The turning circle of my Spondon is similar to that of a cruise liner O.o What yokes are you using? If they've got less offset than stock items this will be a major contributor to the lack of steering lock.

Hilarious, love it, at least I won’t be the only one then! 

So I’ve got a 30mm offset, which I believe is 5mm less than stock. They’re zzr1400 yokes sleeved with a k3 stem pressed in. 

As@Upshotknotholepoints out the bars are part of the issue, but I reckon  the pinch bolt/clamp location is just as much of a problem. 

• Like 1