Swap engine from GSX 750 to GSX-R 750

MadFred

Hi!

My name is Fredrik and I live in Sweden, I just got my hands on a 750ef -85.. And I have an Idea of swaping in a 750gsx-r engine in it, a -91 Whould be great most punch! But it might be hard to find.. 

Is it very big differens in sizes of the engines? Will it fit , whats needed.. 

Best regards! 

Fredrik

sukka750.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I need advice guys.. 
My top projekt is stalling both by money and time (the Harley Street/strip) I´m going to start dragrace to the spring, and I dont think the HD will be raceready untill late summer for the best.. So I look at my GS750EF -85 I know its not much to race with, but thats what i got for the moment (Me in school and two babys). The orginal slip tells me 12.0 sec 1/4 mile (by the producer) seems optimistic, but I would like to do under that.. Is there any possible way with a small budget? (I have big plans for this bike, just not now) For now its stock with the 32mm Mikuni and so on.. (and n2o is not legal on the tracks in sweden) ...
Thanks for helping me!

• 3 weeks later...

Oki here here we go!
I have come to my senses (or not) Im going to build a dragbike! some fun on the street may include.. I´ve just bought a 1150 (1316) GSX-r enginge with give or take a few 175rwhp and im going to debute in a class here in Sweden SuperGasBike Breakout 9.50.. Ofcouse the bike will be going through a transformation to manage such power and task. 
So Im going to hit it next summer ! The engine is from a well known Suzuki gury here in Sweden! 
Best Regards!

• Like 3