Keys

My GS750L came with no keys (surprise surprise) but the locks look undamaged so if possible I would like to keep them. Is the key number stamped on the ignition or seat barrel anywhere? If I’ve got the numbers I can order keys for them  

It would be nice to keep the original locks and have just one key for everything

I'll be honest I think the 80s Suzukis had about 5 lock variations. They are not sophisticated. I once lost my Katana key at a track day at Cadwell Park and the spare was at home. I just asked a few fellow 80s Suzuki riders if I could try their spare keys. Sure enough the 3rd one I tried from a GS750 worked a treat.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, KATANAMANGLER said:

I'll be honest I think the 80s Suzukis had about 5 lock variations. They are not sophisticated. I once lost my Katana key at a track day at Cadwell Park and the spare was at home. I just asked a few fellow 80s Suzuki riders if I could try their spare keys. Sure enough the 3rd one I tried from a GS750 worked a treat.

haha, yeah thats very true :/ 

• Like 1

I have successfully reconfigured GS locks so that the keys match - if you can remove the barrel by some means (filing off the retaining peg IIRC?) you will be able to remove the barrel and pull out the four levers.  I have found that there are usually 2 short and 2 long which can be swapped around to match your key, get it as close as you can and file flush any levers that stick up!  Reassemble and secure with a small peg or similar.  

Hope this makes sense?

Regards 

TonyC

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TonyC said:

I have successfully reconfigured GS locks so that the keys match - if you can remove the barrel by some means (filing off the retaining peg IIRC?) you will be able to remove the barrel and pull out the four levers.  I have found that there are usually 2 short and 2 long which can be swapped around to match your key, get it as close as you can and file flush any levers that stick up!  Reassemble and secure with a small peg or similar.  

Hope this makes sense?

Regards 

TonyC

yep, done the same thing. :tu