Slingshot frames

Swiss Toni

I believe 90 was supposed to be the best of them, best 750 engine, USD forks, and none of the weight that 91 got. Though if you're just going by a bare frame, minus forks and swing arm, 88-91 are pretty similar. I can't remember how they tweaked the geometry over the 4 years they made them, but it wasn't much. The main difference between the 750 and 1100 is the height. Maybe an 1 1/2" taller with the 1100 frame to clear the taller engine. The 1100s also had longer swing arms. I've got an 89 750 based 7/11 with mid 00s suspension and with everything dialed in, it's pretty damn similar geometry wise to an 05 GSXR750. The only difference being the slingshot frame is 10mm longer than the more modern one.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, clivegto said:

Yea think the 750J/K is the smallest frame the other one's I belive are the same size so when fitting a 1100 motor the only true 7/11 is the 750 J/K framed ones. 

This.

They are all much of a muchness, The J/k frames are smaller and slightly lighter, though they are all heavy. 

The last M frames have few extra bits tacked on for undetray mounts etc. so are very slightly heavier, but the swing arm pivot on them is better.

• Like 5