Hi everyone , not gonna go with the 1127 mill in the k3 !! Hammers big enough , but inclination isn’t  , we’ll atm ?!  Katana lump measures 447mm on the widest part of the head . & the thou’s frame is only 408mm ! If I was building a Fighter then I might get the tig out & widen the frame 2 inches ?! ( watch this space ! 1127 wheelie machine coming up in the future !! ) 
? But I want a cheap shit abomination , that i can throw around the track ASAP , then gather data & c if it was worth me getting back on the track at 54 ? Or have I missed the boat ? As I’ve been out of the saddle 4 , 3 yrs ?!  
So back 2 the abomination !! Picked up the K3 Frame This morning , after a mission down to deepest , Darkest Kent ! 
spoke to someone who has a low miles K2 lump , that’s Mustard, apparently ? 
So ? can I put the cheap K2 lump in the k3 abomination ??? Hope it’s doable ? Let me know please , my new found Family !! 

Smithy L

EE31D482-C811-40B5-A50E-B30784D2AA0E.png

Edited by Smithy
43 minutes ago, busa1300 said:

We had 1100 Kats here in the US back in 88+ with the oil cooled GSXR/Bandit look alike motor :tu

But they were definitely not water cooled....

nobody mentioned water cooled engines ???  suzuki for some mad reason thought they would call the gsxf bikes katana's over in the US of A and other places (they even called a moped a katana !!!!!! )  we all know the ONLY katana's are air cooled. ;) 

I think the issue was this is a watercooled section, and talk about an engine which is cooled in some other manner....should be talked about in it's own section...?

Just guessing anyway...  Yes, I have a Katana...82 GS1000SZ

Anything else called a Kat does bother me.... I do like the pop ups though :tu

On 1/9/2022 at 3:26 PM, Smithy said:

Not exactly welcoming to the Forum bud ! 

Just read the rules & follow them, you'll be fine then.

Anyway, yes the k2 motor will fit your k3 frame as it is mechanically essentially the same. I believe the changes were ECU based between k2 & k3, the k3 getting a faster processor. 

Ref your original idea of 1127 oil cooled motor, replacing a 155bhp motor with a lower powered one that won't really fit doesn't seem sensible to me.

Edit - I see you've already asked this question & got the answers. Why ask again?

Edited by coombehouse
Annoyed
5 hours ago, Smithy said:

Sorry if I’ve annoyed anyone ?! Please bare with me ? I’ll get the hang of it . Believe it or not ? Never used a forum or any social media , apart from WhatsApp ! 
thanks for all your help though ! 
Welcome lad, some people are easy upset!