water cooled tank on oil boiler.

baldrick

I have an oil tank i can put on a water frame and you can do the reverse maths to give you an idea if you want. From what i remember it really doesn't swap that well despite the likeness. 

If on top of that you plan on using the stock rear seat panels i think it's a clear no. A racey monoseat cowl could work though

• Like 1

IMG_20211220_141905.thumb.jpg.3ba531109ce9c54ab6dc24dcddc0c645.jpg

The front and sides are fine, main issue will be at the back, you can see how short the oil cooled tank falls compared to the rear mount screws on the W frame. Also, check pictures online, the W tank swoops down lower towards the top rail of the subframe (around that second squarish angle of the main frame.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Really helpful thread.

I know it's been a while since this was posted but, has anyone put/got any pictures of a 750 W tank on a Slingshot frame? 

(I'm tempted to use a w tank and not planing on keeping factory fairings or subframe)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, george 1100 said:

Easy fit. Need to fab a rear bracket and from memory, the front bracket needs to be flipped. The rear of tank sits further back so more suited to a custom seat. Petcock works out

20160116_175258_001.jpg

Any more pics of the bracket work for the tank?