GSXR1100 lightweight rear caliper

1 hour ago, Dezza said:

A definite improvement then: is it bare metal or painted silver? I think the pads from the newer version fit the older Goldline version.

Brian McCall aqua blasted it then painted it with his helicopter engine paint the same as the barrels and cases on the Turbo Magnum. IMG_20210502_165112.thumb.jpg.a20b87714d781f3c948f41d2d15dbe05.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

ok, so an update on the rear caliper.I gave up trying to find a better underslung caliper so decided to go with a top mounted version, but lighter and better.

After much research and investigation i opted for a 2006 H*nda CBR600 rear caliper. Modified the hanger bracket to fit the slot in the swingarm and made a couple of spacers for the axle and hey presto, looks better, (i think), lighter than the other one and feels much better, although i havent ridden it yet. Smaller 220mm disc also sheds a few grams.         

IMG_20210627_155240_resized_20210627_042742775.jpg

IMG_20210627_155303_resized_20210627_042832173.jpg

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

can i ask what gains you will get from it ? 

not much to be honest. yes it is lighter but i doubt i will notice any difference with that. it is a far better caliper than the old gsxr caliper so the brake performance will be better, plus i think it looks much better, in myy opinion anyway. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, agemax said:

not much to be honest. yes it is lighter but i doubt i will notice any difference with that. it is a far better caliper than the old gsxr caliper so the brake performance will be better, plus i think it looks much better, in myy opinion anyway. 

fair do's. it does look good though :tu