GSX-R1100G Cutting Out

Richard

1 hour ago, Richard said:

I’m having a problem with my GSXR1100 engine (1986) it starts and revs ok but when I put it in gear and set off it cuts out almost as soon as I let the clutch out. It hasn’t got a clutch switch or side stand switch as it’s a custom bike. Any ideas?

please have a R of TFR and introduce yourself in the General Chat section.

• Like 1

I have a custom bike with an oil cooled GSX-R1100 Engine. It starts ok and revs ok I can pull the clutch in and put it in gear and it still revs ok until I let out the clutch and set off and it will stall. There isn't a clutch switch or a side stand switch on the bike. It's been recently rewired and looks a bit iffy. Any ideas what the problem could be?

36 minutes ago, Richard said:

I have a custom bike with an oil cooled GSX-R1100 Engine. It starts ok and revs ok I can pull the clutch in and put it in gear and it still revs ok until I let out the clutch and set off and it will stall. There isn't a clutch switch or a side stand switch on the bike. It's been recently rewired and looks a bit iffy. Any ideas what the problem could be?

I think the problem will be that the previous owner did not include a custom loom?

That ...

Or it's gear box seized, clutch seized , clutch switch still active / side stand still active, diode for that f*cked

• Like 1

Jack the back wheel up, put it in gear and pull the clutch in, put a zip tie around the clutch lever and handle bar to keep the clutch pulled in, then see if you can rotate the back wheel if you can remove the zip tie and with the bike in gear see if the wheel still moves, if not all would seem to be ok engine wise and most probably electrical.

If you do a search on side stand cut out and/or clutch cut out switch there will be old posts you can read on how (witch wires) to remove/contact.

Hope this helps 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, dirky said:

hi

get a wiring diagram.

one of the wires from the black box will go out and circle round all the safety gubbins,side stand ,levers ect. 

find it at the black box and make sure they connected it to earth. if not there proberbly still hooked up.

Thanks I'll give it a go at the weekend, I'm sure it'll be something simple but bad wiring is never simple ;)

hi

get a wiring diagram.

one of the wires from the black box will go out and circle round all the safety gubbins,side stand ,levers ect. 

find it at the black box and make sure they connected it to earth. if not there proberbly still hooked up.

Thanks for the info, I'll try this at the weekdend :)

hi

get a wiring diagram.

hi

get a wiring diagram.

Thanks I'll give it a try, I have a manual now and a multimeter so I know what i'll be doing this weekend :D

13 hours ago, wraith said:

Jack the back wheel up, put it in gear and pull the clutch in, put a zip tie around the clutch lever and handle bar to keep the clutch pulled in, then see if you can rotate the back wheel if you can remove the zip tie and with the bike in gear see if the wheel still moves, if not all would seem to be ok engine wise and most probably electrical.

If you do a search on side stand cut out and/or clutch cut out switch there will be old posts you can read on how (witch wires) to remove/contact.

Hope this helps 

Thanks for the info :D

hi

get a wiring diagram.

23 hours ago, Blubber said:

I think the problem will be that the previous owner did not include a custom loom?

That ...

Or it's gear box seized, clutch seized , clutch switch still active / side stand still active, diode for that f*cked

Just now, Richard said:

Thanks for the info :D

That ...

That ...

I think he wired it up with a pair or scissors or an Axe ;)