what to do...?

dirky

I believe the slabside swing arms fit the slabside and don't interchange to the latter slingshot and the other way round.

Someone in here may know a mod for it but seen questions on here asking how or if the ride height can be changed and it seems not very easily.

But I would think if you can or know someone who can weld alloy you could make up some brackets to put a more standard type dog bones type swing arm in?

missed a slingshot this morning. think i,m going to hold out for a slabby frame and standard swinger then.

got a bandit frame to cut up and weld while i,m waiting for parts.

my tig only welds steel. should have got a ac/dc one.  the cheap chinese alloy ones were tested out by chris ireland at desperate dan customs and found to be great for the money..

Edited by dirky
spelling
8 hours ago, dirky said:

missed a slingshot this morning. think i,m going to hold out for a slabby frame and standard swinger then.

got a bandit frame to cut up and weld while i,m waiting for parts.

my tig only welds steel. should have got a ac/dc one.  the cheap chinese alloy ones were tested out by chris ireland at desperate dan customs and found to be great for the money..

Hang out for a 1100 swinger too, slighty longer wheelbase ;) 

13 minutes ago, CockneyRick said:

Hang out for a 1100 swinger too, slighty longer wheelbase ;) 

1100 are the same length as the 750 g and h arms only the original 750f arm was shorter. 

Lots of other differences between 1100 and 750 linkages and arms though.  for simplicity its best to keep 750 arms with 750 frames and vice versa.

• Like 1

picked up a 87 1100 frame today and standard shock.  pics to follow.

looking for a 1100 arm as they seem much more substantial with the back plate on. linkages are like hens teeth tho.

was building a single seater but after looking at this guys 1100 today i,m leaning towards mostly standard.