Simple GS7/11

TonyC

Hi Guys, 

Thought I'd share a recent pic of my '77 GS7/11.  It's very straightforward, no frame mods, stock 1980 GSX1100 engine and swingarm, '88 GSX600 front end with a GS500 front wheel and a Bandit 600 rear with GS500 sprocket carrier.  I've had this bike for 19 years now and have gradually modded it as things wore out or got trashed!  All in all quite a nice bike to ride.

Take it easy!

TonyC

2015-10-01 12.26.48 22.jpg

• Like 9

Thanks Guys!

The exhaust is a stainless Predator, weighs a ton, but it's survived a couple of slides down the road!  I've had it a few years -  originally on the 750 - it just fits the taller 1100 block.  It's on the 'wish list' for something sportier!

TonyC

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Martin, the GSX 600 forks in the pic were a little soft, so I simply increased the preload with some longer spacers.  I've since replaced them with some slighter later GSX750 Showa forks which seem OK as stock.  I haven't really used it much lately, I'm ashamed to admit!

Regards,  TonyC

49 minutes ago, TonyC said:

Hi Martin, the GSX 600 forks in the pic were a little soft, so I simply increased the preload with some longer spacers.  I've since replaced them with some slighter later GSX750 Showa forks which seem OK as stock.  I haven't really used it much lately, I'm ashamed to admit!

Regards,  TonyC

Interesting, thanks!