Slabby1100 basketcase

Matt-Man

Evening all, been a while since I’ve posted so for those that remember some of the old-timers hello... When’s the next party? 

Anyway, I’ve been offered a basket case 1100, engine and frame are a matched pair, the rest  of it is an amalgamation of slabby stuff.

my question to you guys is what’s its worth these days?

Im told the motor is half decent and will only need servicing. (That old Chestnut eh!)

Hi Matt, next party will be at Stafford bike show this weekend. 

Slabby engines have started to fetch silly money because of classic racing. But saying that I bought a good one this year for £450. Same with frames people want silly money for them but there are still bargains to be had, sounds like you found one. 

1 hour ago, clivegto said:

Hi Matt, next party will be at Stafford bike show this weekend. 

Slabby engines have started to fetch silly money because of classic racing. But saying that I bought a good one this year for £450. Same with frames people want silly money for them but there are still bargains to be had, sounds like you found one. 

I reckon the value of the motors is going to drop now its widely acceptable to use bandit motors

On 10/16/2019 at 12:52 PM, MeanBean49 said:

I reckon the value of the motors is going to drop now its widely acceptable to use bandit motors

This. classic endurance insisted on 1052 cases for one season so breakers started asking stupid money.

Rules allow bandit motors now,  so 1052 motors have no premium.