Racing Skoal Blandit

Simbec1863

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The old runt hasn’t moved since I dumped it in the shed after Oulton so with only 8 weeks until the season starts thought I best get me finger out.

Started the full strip down as the frame needs sorting with a bit of powder coat plus while it’s apart I’ll replace all the bearings as some of them are about knackered after a hard road life and a seasons racing.Frame,wheels and swing arm are going to get refreshed.

New engine to go in after coating and a few other new bits and bobs,just bought a new set of dry tyres and the wets will stay until they start sliding.

A few pics of progress got rained off today as my workshop is the back garden :),hope it’s dry next weekend as I want to get the runt fully stripped.

Most important pre season job new team stickers and mugs xD

C0D6D8F6-9E87-4211-9098-A876F53543CC.jpeg

7ADA7144-3C33-4AB5-9108-DAF1ED00A24D.jpeg

BDF73738-85BC-4CBB-B18F-EF2E92944AA5.jpeg

Edited by Simbec1863
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Simbec1863 said:

Rain cleared again so stripped the bearings out the swing arm,stripped the tyres off the wheels then knocked out the original bearings.

Parts all gathered for a trip to the powder coaters when I’m home next weekend .

133D6CF3-961F-447D-BC8C-C174A4F4FFEA.jpeg

Dont forget Bandit ownership rule 17b, wheels can only be one of 2 colours, White and Bright White, its the law..:stop::tu

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Bit more done today before I got rained off,new swing arm bearings installed, shark fin refitted.Cleaned the cushion lever and greased the bearings.

New fuel filler fitted that’s been in the box since last season.Next job is to set the valves in the new engine and swap the clutch pack over from the spare.

B0DA17D3-3290-44A9-A8CD-BF79F871E46F.jpeg

583667FD-3431-49C6-A279-8358CD7AAA92.jpeg

62CD4114-7C8E-4A11-84AB-7AC70231C7EE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The pressures now off to get the runt ready due to ACU suspending all competition until end of April so that’s the first 2 rounds postponed or cancelled not sure at the moment.I’ve got time now to get her ready as it’s been a great week as I’m on extended unpaid leave from work :D