Twin Shocks

I like maxton shocks because of their sales support - an example ref: my Harris, they built the shock from the info I gave them focusing more on fast road / track riding but this didn't suite our Scotish back roads around my way - no problem, 4 different springs and a return to re-calibrate the damping ( they observed the direction I wanted to go = softer on the spring rate - bigger on the compression damping) and hayho - now a shock that works for me - and all this at no additional cost - fair doo's. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, kitkatman said:

Any more info on Wilbers shocks  ie price and who sells them.

https://www.wilbers-shop.de/index.php?cl=alist&cnid=f48a7a149f2d6091c01db3965cc26abc&fnc=showList&manufacturer=slm6e869254ef270fb7b5dbe84772262&year=1982&catname=f48a7a149f2d6091c01db3965cc26abc

Back in the days they were somewhat cheaper than Öhlins. I don't know how much other brand name shocks cost today. Any way, Wilbers definitely isn't a budget choice but worth of the price if you are looking for high end shocks, IMO.

Ikon are rebranded Koni shocks and seem reasonably priced. I think if I was building a twin shock bike I would look there or at the recently introduced Nitron twin shocks. Anything with an Ohlins sticker and a yellow spring seems to have a ridiculous price tag attached to it.

Falcon are about 350 and made here , picked mine up for 100 quid on that site second hand but as new.transformed me et  ,don't have to change pre load when Mrs is on either 

Springs not progressive like ohlins which suits with initial sag.

Just been out on the bandit before it goes and et runs rings round it 

• Like 1

I used to use falcon twin shocks on my old trials bike, about 30 years ago.

They were quality items back then  and highly rated. still are in the twin shock trials world.

Nitron stuff looks good and is popular in Japan, but WP also do twin shocks. MAXTON are used at the classic manx a lot so should handle most things thrown at them.

There are plenty to choose from

• Like 1