Bobbins...

O'reet..??

We're lucky enough to have a 'Deep braced JMC swinging arm' and I want to fit some Paddock stand bobbins (actually, what I want is one of those fancy Abba Sky lift things but....).

Yes, I could drill and tap a couple of Lugs and ask my mate to weld them on or could I drill and tap the bracing loop directly..?? Can anyone  tell me the wall thickness..??

I would really prefer NOT to do either of the above and do something that isn't permanent - maybe clamp on somehow.

Has anyone been through this before and can shed any light on it for me...??

Cheers, Dave.

There's some food for thought Gents - thank you.

The very bottom photo is the same as mine (apart from the lengthened Chain adjuster slots).

I really like the 'neatness' of the rivnutted, direct to brace approach  as used by Cockney Rick - looks good fella...

On the other hand, although the welded lug doesn't look as nice you can barely see it with a bobbin screwed home (that's a cool shed Clivegto).

I have used 'cupped' paddock stands in the past and i'm not too keen.

I'm going to wait until the weekend and go out to the garage with some strong booze, a cigar and stare at the bike until I've made a decision...:)

Many thanks all....

• Like 3

That welded boss looks strong enough to pick the bike up with....:) - very neat to.

'simple' and 'cheap' are two of my favourite words.  If we add the fact that my daughter is a Sheet Metal Worker at a local Submarine building facility and has access to Rivnuts and a battery powered Rivnut gun then I think we have a winner....

You can't get much simpler or cheaper than getting somebody else to do it for free....... :banana:

Cheers, Dave.