Rubber intakes

Sheep

I have seen a set  intake rubbers for sale with clips for a Trumpet Trophy 1200 which also uses the 36mm BDST Mikunis like other Suzuki's.....my question is does anybody know if these may fit an air cooled behemoth like the GSX.....they seem to have the same internal dimensions but I cannot tell if they are slightly angled like the ones on my EFE (2 left,2 right)..

The only reason I ask is because they are a third of the price for Suzuki ones and include clips to boot....

9 minutes ago, wraith said:

I have a set of b12 rubbers on my GS1000 with b12 carbs bolted strate on.

May help?

Only fly in the ointment is GSX rubbers don't bolt on - plain tubes with a curve moulded in! Favourite with drag racers is canvas / silicone hose, flexible and doesn't tend to go hard.

• Like 1

Do the outer and inner Triumph rubbers have different part numbers? If so, they may be curved in the same way as the Suzuki ones. If they all have the same part number, then they are unlikely to fit as easy as do the Suzuki rubbers because the Suzuki rubbers for the inner two and outer two cylinders differ very slightly.

4 hours ago, Sheep said:

Oh I don't know....I also didn't know the inner/outers were slightly different...

My inners and outers definitely have different numbers embossed on them and they are the original rubbers supplied with the donor bike from new. If I do not have them on the correct way, the carbs will not go on but I use stock carbs. Using flatslides like yours may not reveal the difference. My rubbers are hard but not cracked and require heat in order for me to get the carbs on now.

Mine are  rock hard too as they were second hand last autumn to replace my newish ones which had split due to using the incorrect clips....They might be fine but I did like the way the new rubbers could be removed with ease....The old ones do not swell under pressure like the new ones did either...(fnuk)

I did notice mine had L and R printed on them but i cannot remember any other marks.

I just looked them up and the L and R Suzuki rubbers for the EFE have the same part numbersO.o although it is not entirely clear if this has always been so as one has a superseded part number, just to make things clear...... I am not at home so cannot check the numbers on my bike though. One other thing is the rubbers are likely to have taken shape over the last 30 years and the inners and outers are thus likely to be slightly different shapes now, even if they didn't start out that way.

• Like 1