Shabby air box

E T

22 hours ago, jonny1bump said:

If your taking airbox out to put filters on stop and reverse your actions. ;)

I'm very happy that I removed mine on my 750 with stock flatslides. Admittedly it took a while to get the jetting and running right however the ease of access to the carbs, induction noise and looks were well worth it to me regardless of the perceived performance aspects. Goes really well with K&Ns with sorted jetting and I'd do it again on another slabby, albeit with knowing which jets to start with now 9_9

Would results in lots wear and tear.

Yes you can get them to run well without airbox but you will always loose some midrange, if you not racing why would you want to do this and if you are racing unless your at isle of man surely midrange still useful. Yes if airbox is reducing your flow you need to do something to rectify this. Again look at yoshi earlier attempts they tried to create very basic cold air come ram air in large airbox chamber very similar what we do on pro stock bikes.

All modern fuel injected bikes run airboxes admitedly airflow sensors etc are needed, but huge amount work goes into design these for a reason not just noise.