It looks very trick,(nice) as to the BMX bit, sorry BMW. The site name gives it away ;)

As to the GS, service apx every 3000 mile's.

Fuel will run on both unleaded or leaded, can't say what mpg you will get as the carbs have been tweecked and how hard are you going to ride it? But anything between 30-50mpg

The main thing with all GS is the charging reg/recs are not the best but putting a updated after market one on or conversion to a super dream one.

The last gs550 I had, had it for 8 years,  3 years as a dispatch rider on it and the can chain went after 100,000 miles

Don't forget your looking at a 30 ish year old motor so there will be where on it but if you want a press the start button and go day after day get a new bike and stop pissing ;)

• Like 1

Just took her for a 30 minutes test ride. Wasn't bad at all however the do feel the carbs might need balancing or something. First gear is a nightmare from a full stop. Needs a lot of gas to get moving, while on the move the bike felt lighter than my 749 duc. That was a surprise I must say, and it seems to fall into corners - not something I'm used too. Maybe it's the gsxr front end. The power is cute at best but I'll not all about speed. It did have a flag spot when running low speeds between gears 1 to 3, character. The bad news arrived 20 minutes into the ride. I started to smell smoke coming from the front end of the engine, so I parked of to check. They was oil leaking from somewhere as illustrated on the pic:

20170525_140531.jpg

20170525_140521.jpg

Awesome. The owner 's taking it in (with me there of course) on Monday. Monday's do or die, don't wanna give up on this jam, it's unique. Thanx for the advice brv. I'll post when I've got more info.

One more question mate. The irresponsive pull from stand still in first gear, is that sprocket related as they isn't any slip from any gear once up to speed 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, KennyJoseph said:

One more question mate. The irresponsive pull from stand still in first gear, is that sprocket related as they isn't any slip from any gear once up to speed 

IMHO it's just bad fuelling on low revs. Result of taking the airbox off and fitting open bellmouths, things get a bit more critical. An expert mechanic should be able to help you sort this.

• Like 1
On 25/05/2017 at 5:32 PM, KennyJoseph said:

Awesome. The owner 's taking it in (with me there of course) on Monday. Monday's do or die, don't wanna give up on this jam, it's unique. Thanx for the advice brv. I'll post when I've got more info.

The irresponsive pull from standstill could be sprocket related, not sure what standard GS gearing should be, might be worth checking

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

had a couple of gs550's myself inc the kat version. motor bullet proof if looked after. i just serviced mine once a year regardles of miles covered.

electrics such as reg/rec and alternator are crap but nothing that a superdream reg/rec and an electrex alternator wont sort out. And there a whole heap of fun to ride.

soz but i never bother about fuel consumption when buying a bike as just dont care about it.

Edited by Swampy